Cooperative social responsibilityShare
Awards and Recognition
As a company of social economy, Dcoop interacts with the environment in different sectors (economic, environmental, social, cultural…). This makes Dcoop widely recognized and considered to merit several awards that highlight these tasks, that are outlined below:
- Recognition obtained
- 26 de agosto de 2014. ASAJA (national farmers union) awards Dcoop-Baco with the prize “Venencia Ciudad de Tomelloso” (Ciudad Real) due to its contribution of agrifood development, in the XXXth Winegrower Day. The national president of ASAJA Pedro Barato (center) gives the present to Ángel Villafranca (right) president of Baco and next vice-president of Dcoop, and Antonio Luque (left), general manager of Dcoop.
- December 17, 2013. Seville holds the award ceremony of Arco Iris Awards. This award recognizes the Best Experience of Cooperative Integration, and has been obtained by Tierras Altas, now Dcoop. Handed over by the Minister of Agriculture, Elena Víboras, this prize is collected by Gregorio Núñez.
- July 10, 2013. Agrifood, publisher of website Qcom.es awards Hojiblanca (today Dcoop) their annual prize for its work.
- March 22, 2013. The association “Asociación de Directivas, Empresarias y Profesionales Mujeres de Andalucía” (Adepma) awards Hojiblanca (Dcoop) a prize for its work in the family and work life conciliation.
- March 7, 2013. In Seville, the Spanish association “Asociación Española de Empresas de Formación Continua” (AENOA) hands to Hojiblanca (Dcoop) an award at its annual conference for their contribution to job-training.
- 2012. The British magazine for food distribution “The Grocer” recognizes Hojiblanca as the best launching of the year in the category of oils.
- December 2011. Daily local newspaper La Opinión de Málaga, in its first edition awards Hojiblanca the Prize Enterprise 2.0 for their web www.hojiblanca.com.
- 2011. The World Packaging Organization (WPO) grants Hojiblanca (today Dcoop) a global award for the design of its new glass bottle called “Dama”, Spanish word for “Lady”.
- October 1, 2010. In Antequera, the Association Oleárum, Cultura y Patrimonio Oleícola (Olearum, Oil Culture and Heritage) awards Hojiblanca (today Dcoop) the distinction of Honorary Member for its Museum and its collaboration with the association.
- June 14, 2010. In Lucena, the “Federación Andaluza de Donantes de Sangre” FADS (Andalusian Federation of Blood Donors) awards Hojiblanca (Dcoop) for their support to the dissemination and promotion of donation.
- June 4, 2009. In Granada, the “Sociedad Española de Medicina General y de Familia Andalucía”, SEMG (Spanish Society of General and Family Medicine) grants Hojiblanca (Dcoop) the award to Private Enterprises for Health “for their work on research and dissemination of the culinary and medicinal benefits of olive and its derivatives, the potential of olive oil as a healthy and medicinal food and the development of a science of the olive”.
- February 24, 2009. The Minister of Agriculture, Martín Soler, awarded Hojiblanca (Dcoop) the Special Citation of the award Simon de Rojas Clemente promoted by the daily newspaper ABC for their integration work.
- November 7, 2008. The Grupo de Acción y Desarrollo Local de la Comarca Nororiental de Málaga, Nororma (Group of Local Action and Development of the North Eastern region of Málaga) awarded the olive oil cooperatives in the region (all associated with the Group) a distinction based on the annual Day of the region organized in Málaga.
- November 22, 2007. The Agriculture and Fisheries Minister distinguishes the Hojiblanca Group (now Dcoop) with the Prize for Best Spanish Food Company in 2006. The event was held in Madrid, where the Minister, Elena Espinosa, hands the prize to the President, José Moreno.
- February 28, 2007. Antequera local authority grants Hojiblanca S.Coop.And. (Dcoop) the title of “Favored institution” of the municipality, within the celebrations of the Day of Andalusia.
- June 25, 2007. The Centre for Tourist Initiatives (CIT) in the area of Antequera recognizes the contribution of Hojiblanca (Dcoop) to promote tourism in the region and grants it the title of Honorary Member. The cooperative is a collaboration partner of the CIT.
- December 3, 2006. The Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Granada awarded the cooperative the distinction of Honorary Collaborator for taking part in work training programmes.
- October 19, 2006. In Córdoba, the magazine “Ejecutivos” (Executives) awarded the cooperative the prize for the Company of the Year in Andalusia in 2005.
- February 2006 In Villanueva del Arzobispo, the Mercado de Futuros del Aceite de Oliva, MFAO (Futures Market of Olive Oil) awards Hojiblanca (Dcoop) the I Award for the Most Active Cooperative, for its previous year’s activity.
- April 19, 2005. In Seville, the Minister of Agriculture, Isaías Pérez Saldaña, awards Hojiblanca (Dcoop) the Andalusian Agriculture Award in 2003.
- March 2005. Listeners of Onda Cero Radio Antequera award Hojiblanca (now Dcoop) the distinction of Antequera’s Company of the Year.
- 2005. In Seville, the Andalusian Agency of Foreign Promotion (today called Extenda) awarded Acorsa (today Dcoop) the prize Alas a la Exportación (2004) for their great work in positioning their table olives in the global markets, where they bring most of their products. The prize is handed by the Andalusian president, Manuel Chaves.
- Spring 2004. The magazine “Andalucía Económica” (Economic Andalusia) awards Hojiblanca (Dcoop) the Business Cooperation Prize.
- July 26, 2002. In a ceremony held in Málaga, the Eroski distribution chain awards Hojiblanca the prize for the best Andalusian Regional Food Product.
- 2002. “Asociación Española de Municipios del Olivo”, AEMO (Spanish Association of Olive Municipalities” grants the magazine Hojiblanca the I AEMO Award for the Best Promotion and Spread of Olive Culture in the category of Journalism. In 2005, the cooperative also gets this award in the category of Tourism for the Hojiblanca Museum.
- 2000. SCA Agropecuaria del Sur (now Dcoop-Livestock) receives the Honour Distinction of the region of Guadalteba (northwestern area of the province of Málaga which includes the municipalities of Almargen, Cañete la Real, Cuevas del Becerro, Ardales, Carratraca, Campillos, Teba and Sierra de Yeguas). This prize is awarded by the Consortium of the region and the Provincial Council. Years later, in October 2003 in Almargen, the SCA Oleícola Hojiblanca de Málaga has also been awarded this prize.
- 2000. Cordoliva (today Dcoop) receives in Cordoba the Prize Economía y Empresa (Economics and Business) of that year.
- March 6, 1999. The “Asociación del Comercio e Industrias de Antequera”, ACIA (Association of Commerce and Industry of Antequera), of which Dcoop is a member, awards the SCA Oleícola Hojiblanca de Málaga the prize Bienmesabe for their role in the economic development of the region.
- February 28, 1999. Antequera Town Hall grants Hojiblanca the distinction of El Efebo as a tribute for their work on the occassion of the Day of Andalusia.
- 1999. SCA Oleícola Hojiblanca de Málaga (now Dcoop) receives the Popularity Award.
- June 14, 1998. The Municipal Sports Board of Antequera awards Hojiblanca (now Dcoop) the Sports Distinction as the Best Entity Partner.
- December 1997. Málaga holds the annual edition of the awards of the daily local newspaper Diario Sur. One of the prize winners is the SCA Oleícola Hojiblanca de Málaga (Dcoop today).
- 1990. At a ceremony held at the cooperative Los Remedios de Olvera, the Arco Iris Prize is awarded to SCA Oleícola Hojiblanca de Málaga (now Dcoop) as the Best Cooperative, an award presented by the Junta de Andalucía. Other second-degree cooperatives, that are presently members of the group, also received this award: Tierras Altas (2012), Cordoliva (1988) and Agropecuaria del Sur (1998).
In its initial stages, the group has won numerous national and international awards for the quality of their oils, as listed below. When the internal Quality Awards (see separate section) were established, the cooperative stopped participating in outdoor events. This is because internal priority is given to farmers and mills, to really offer largest volumes and highest quality to consumers.
- Awards received
- Award for Best Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil in 1997/98 and 1998/99, organized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- Accésit al Mejor Aceite de Oliva Virgen Extra Español en los años 1997/98 y 1999/2000, convocado por el Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y Alimentación.
- Secondary Award for Best Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil in 1997/98 and 1999/2000, organized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- International Award for Best Virgin Olive Oils in 1998/99, 1999/2000 and 2000/01, organized by the Olive Communal Patrimony.
- Award for the Best Olive Oil at the International Olive Exhibition of Reus in 2000.
- First and Second Prizes for Best Oil at Expoliva Jaén in 1995, also winning this prize in 1999.
- Gold Medal at the Fair of Olive in Montoro in 1992 and 1994.
- Third prize in an edition of the Fair of Olive in Montoro.
- 2012: Award of The Institute for Government Research and Leadership Technology of Nigeria to the brand Cordoliva in the contest that grants African products.
- 2002: Gold Medal at the Radio Tourism gastronomic contest to Cordoliva extra virgin olive oil, for its quality.
- Quality Awards received by the Cooperative
Its aim is to award the effort made by the olive growers and mills of the Group in obtaining the best extra virgin olive oils that will be offered to the consumer in optimal conditions of freshness and flavour.
There are two main categories: Best Oil Award (best oil store of the campaign) and Quality Award (best winery). There are also other awards for the Best Organic Oil and the best oils produced and traded by the group as Designations of Origin: Montoro-Adamuz, Lucena and Antequera.